SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q1 2022 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one off-lease A320 aircraft.
- On behalf of an institutional investor client, SkyWorks closed on the acquisition of one off-lease CFM-powered A321neo LR. The aircraft will be managed by SkyWorks Leasing (Ireland) Limited and is currently available for lease. SkyWorks Leasing (Ireland) Limited is also offering two 2016 vintage A320-200 (IAE-powered) aircraft and two 2009 vintage A321-200 (IAE-powered) aircraft for lease.
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the lease extension of three A320-200 aircraft currently on lease with American Airlines.
- On behalf of a Middle East-based leasing company, SkyWorks managed the lease returns and arranged the subsequent sales of seven CFM56-5B engines.
- On behalf of a US-based lessor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two GEnx-2B engines on lease to GE.
- SkyWorks was retained by a European flag carrier to remarket four 737-800 aircraft.
- SkyWorks was retained by a Europe-based leasing company to arrange the sale or lease of two off-lease E175 aircraft.
- SkyWorks was retained by a Middle East-based leasing company to remarket three GE90-115 engines for lease or sale.
- SkyWorks continued its role as backup servicer for a large financial institution in respect of certain portfolio assets.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained as arranger and advisor to Spirit Airlines in connection with sale and leaseback financing of its 2023 A320neo deliveries.
- SkyWorks completed its assignment as fleet restructuring advisor to Aeromexico as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring, including fleet-related restructuring, maintenance contract evaluation, and claims negotiations, including:
o Restructured Boeing order book contract
o Renegotiated more than 115 aircraft lease and loan agreements, three engine maintenance contracts, and multiple simulator and spare engine contracts
o Arranged the lease-in of more than 30 narrowbody aircraft
- SkyWorks completed an assignment acting as advisor to WestJet Airlines in connection with the lease-in of six 737 MAX 8 aircraft from SMBC Aviation Capital.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with Spirit Airlines with respect to sourcing of incremental A320neo and A321neo aircraft from operating lessor order books. In Q1, SkyWorks and Spirit closed on a lease agreement with Aviation Capital Group for two A320neos and two A321neos. In total, SkyWorks and Spirit closed on the leases of 40 incremental A320neo family aircraft in addition to 23 A320neo sale-leasebacks as a part of last year’s campaign.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a North American network carrier where it conducted a fleet assignment optimization to determine future aircraft gauge mix requirements and also conducted an aircraft performance assessment on a new aircraft variant.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a financial investor where it supported its negotiations with respect to twenty aircraft leases and financings it acquired in conjunction with an airline restructuring.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a US-based institutional investor where it performed a due diligence assessment on an investment opportunity relating to aircraft engines and parts.
- SkyWorks continued to provide network and fleet-related advisory services to Royal Jordanian Airlines.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Flybe on fleet-related matters in conjunction with the relaunch of the airline.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks provides a full complement of leasing, investment banking and advisory services exclusively dedicated to commercial aviation. We specialize in aircraft lease origination and provide a full set of aircraft and lease management services for airlines and investors. SkyWorks is also a premier advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including financing arrangement, order campaigns, restructuring advisory, and network and fleet advisory. Our track record encompasses over 10% of the global commercial aircraft fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. +1 (203) 983-6677
Partner & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Partner & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (203) 983-6686
Partner & Head of Commercial
+1 (303) 663-6630