SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q3 2021 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- On behalf of a US-based lessor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two GEnx-2B engines on lease to GE.
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one 777-200ER on lease to United Airlines.
- On behalf of Copa Airlines, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two 737-700 aircraft to a German-based investor.
- On behalf of Vmo Aircraft Leasing, SkyWorks delivered the final three A321-200 aircraft to LATAM on long-term leases. In total, SkyWorks delivered eleven A321-200 aircraft to LATAM as part of its overall mandate to repossess, manage, and sell the aircraft from the 2015-1 EETC which included 17 aircraft in total (11 A321-200s; 4 787-9s; 2 A350-900s).
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two 767-400ER aircraft on lease to United Airlines.
- On behalf of an institutional investor client, SkyWorks closed on the acquisition of one A319-100 and two A320-200s on lease to Avianca. The aircraft will be managed by SkyWorks Leasing (Ireland) Limited.
- SkyWorks was retained by Bellinger Aviation to remarket one CFM-powered A320-200 (MSN 3374) for sale or lease.
- SkyWorks was retained by a Middle East lessor to manage the lease returns and subsequent sales of seven CFM56-5B engines and two CFM56-7B engines.
- SkyWorks was retained by a US-based lessor to arrange the sale of a portfolio of ten narrowbody aircraft and two V2500 engines.
- SkyWorks continued its role as backup servicer for a large financial institution in respect of certain portfolio assets.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by Royal Jordanian Airlines to provide network and fleet-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was retained by a financial investor to support its negotiations in respect of twenty aircraft leases and financings it has acquired in conjunction with an airline restructuring.
- SkyWorks was retained by a US-based hedge fund with respect to potential investments in aircraft and aircraft-related debt.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with Spirit Airlines in connection with sale and leaseback financing for 23 aircraft delivering in 2021 and 2022. The leases were completed with Jackson Square Aviation, SMBC Aviation Capital, Air Lease Corporation, and Merx Aviation.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a global investor with respect to investments in a low-cost carrier.
- SkyWorks continued to act as arranger and advisor for a North American carrier in respect of JOLCO financings for certain aircraft.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Spirit Airlines with respect to sourcing of incremental A320neo and A321neo aircraft from operating lessor order books. In Q3, SkyWorks and Spirit closed on lease agreements with AerCap, Air Lease Corporation, and SMBC Aviation Capital.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Flybe on fleet-related matters in conjunction with the relaunch of the airline.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to a North American low-cost carrier.
- SkyWorks continued to advise a North American professional sports league with respect to transportation solutions involving the League and its Clubs.
- SkyWorks continued to provide advisory services to Aeromexico as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring, including fleet-related restructuring, maintenance contract evaluation, and claims negotiations. In the third quarter, SkyWorks also arranged for the lease-in of four 737-800 aircraft and twelve 737 MAX 8 aircraft to be delivered to Aeromexico.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks provides a full complement of leasing, investment banking and advisory services exclusively dedicated to commercial aviation. We specialize in aircraft lease origination and provide a full set of aircraft and lease management services for airlines and
investors. SkyWorks is also a premier advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including financing arrangement, order campaigns, restructuring advisory, and network and fleet advisory. Our track record encompasses over 10% of the global commercial aircraft fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. +1 (203) 983-6677. www.skyworks.aero
Partner & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Partner & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (203) 983-6686
Partner & Head of Commercial
+1 (303) 663-6630