SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q4 2021 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- On behalf of a US-based financial institution, SkyWorks arranged the sale of three 747-400F aircraft on lease to Atlas Air.
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of three 747-400F aircraft on lease to General Electric Company and sub-leased to Polar Air Cargo.
- On behalf of Copa Airlines, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one 737-700 aircraft and four CFM56-7B engines to a Germany-based investor.
- SkyWorks was retained by a Middle-Eastern-based leasing company to arrange the sale of one A319 on-lease to American Airlines.
- SkyWorks continued its role as backup servicer for a large financial institution in respect of certain portfolio assets.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by a North American network carrier to provide fleet-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was retained by a US-based institutional investor to perform a due diligence assessment on an investment opportunity relating to aircraft engines and parts.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with Allegiant Air which has resulted in a purchase agreement with Boeing for 50 firm and 50 option 737 MAX family aircraft. SkyWorks also advised Allegiant with respect to a long-term engine maintenance services agreement with CFM.
- SkyWorks arranged JOLCO financing for a US-based airline using a Tokumei kumiai (TK) structure for two widebody aircraft under two separate transactions.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a US-based hedge fund with respect to potential investments in aircraft and aircraft-related debt.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with Major League Soccer with respect to arranging a five-year charter agreement with Sun Country Airlines for all MLS teams.
- SkyWorks continued to support a financial investor in its negotiations with respect to twenty aircraft leases and financings it acquired in conjunction with an airline restructuring.
- SkyWorks continued to provide network and fleet-related advisory services to Royal Jordanian Airlines.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Spirit Airlines with respect to sourcing of incremental A320neo and A321neo aircraft from operating lessor order books.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Flybe on fleet-related matters in conjunction with the relaunch of the airline.
- SkyWorks continued to provide advisory services to Aeromexico as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring, including fleet-related restructuring, maintenance contract evaluation, and claims negotiations. In the fourth quarter, SkyWorks also arranged for the lease-in of five 737 MAX 8 aircraft to be delivered to Aeromexico.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks provides a full complement of leasing, investment banking and advisory services exclusively dedicated to commercial aviation. We specialize in aircraft lease origination and provide a full set of aircraft and lease management services for airlines and investors. SkyWorks is also a premier advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including financing arrangement, order campaigns, restructuring advisory, and network and fleet advisory. Our track record encompasses over 10% of the global commercial aircraft fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. +1 (203) 983-6677. www.skyworks.aero
Partner & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Partner & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (203) 983-6686
Partner & Head of Commercial
+1 (303) 663-6630