SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q2 2021 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- On behalf of a group of bondholders in the LATAM 2015-1 EETC, SkyWorks arranged the sale of eleven (11) A321-200 aircraft, four (4) 787-9 aircraft, and two (2) A350-900 aircraft to Vmo Aircraft Leasing. SkyWorks also has delivered eight (8) A321-200 aircraft to LATAM on long-term leases with the remaining aircraft scheduled to deliver in Q3 ’21.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two 747-400F aircraft on lease to Atlas Air.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one 767-300ER aircraft to United Airlines.
- On behalf of a US investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two ex-Air Canada 767-300ER aircraft to Air Transport Services Group.
- SkyWorks was retained by a major US financial institution to sell three 747-400F aircraft on lease to Atlas Air.
- SkyWorks was retained by a US-based lessor to arrange the sale of two GEnx-2B engines on lease to GE.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by a North American carrier to serve as arranger and advisor on JOLCO financings for some of its aircraft.
- SkyWorks was retained by a North American low-cost carrier to provide fleet-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was retained by Flybe to provide fleet-related advisory services in conjunction with the relaunch of the airline.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a network carrier with respect to go-forward strategy for a parked fleet type.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with a US-based hedge fund with respect to potential investments in aircraft and aircraft-related debt.
- SkyWorks completed an assignment with an Asia-Pacific network carrier in relation to its crew training business.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Spirit Airlines in connection with sale and leaseback financing of additional 2021 and 2022 A320neo deliveries. In Q2, SkyWorks and Spirit closed on lease agreements for three A320neo aircraft with Jackson Square Aviation and one A320neo aircraft with Merx Aviation.
- SkyWorks continued to advise Spirit Airlines with respect to sourcing of incremental A320neo and A321neo capacity from the lessor community.
- SkyWorks continued to advise a North American professional sports league with respect to transportation solutions involving the League and its Clubs.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related restructuring advisory services to Aeromexico as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks provides a full complement of leasing, investment banking and advisory services exclusively dedicated to commercial aviation. We specialize in aircraft lease origination and provide a full set of aircraft and lease management services for airlines and
investors. SkyWorks is also a premier advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including financing arrangement, order campaigns, restructuring advisory, and network and fleet advisory. Our track record encompasses over 10% of the global commercial aircraft fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. +1 (203) 983-6677. www.skyworks.aero
Partner & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Partner & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (203) 983-6686
Partner & Head of Commercial
+1 (303) 663-6630