SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q1 2021 for its Leasing & Asset Management and Investment Banking & Advisory Groups.
Leasing & Asset Management Group activities included the following:
- On behalf of a group of bondholders in the LATAM 2015-1 EETC, SkyWorks arranged leases for eleven (11) A321-200 aircraft to LATAM Airlines Group. The transaction was approved by the US bankruptcy court on March 31, 2021 and the aircraft will be delivered from mid-April through June 2021.
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one 747-400F on lease to Atlas Air to an Ireland-based lessor.
- On behalf of a US-based investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of one A300F4-605R aircraft.
- SkyWorks was retained by BeauTech Power Systems to remarket, for sale or lease, four E190s formerly operated by Air Canada.
Investment Banking & Advisory Group activities included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained as arranger and advisor to Spirit Airlines in connection with sale and leaseback financing of its 2021 and 2022 A320neo deliveries. Additionally, Spirit has engaged SkyWorks to source additional A320neo and A321neo capacity from the lessor community.
- SkyWorks was retained by a network carrier to advise on go-forward strategy for a parked fleet type.
- SkyWorks was retained by an Asia-Pacific network carrier to provide advisory services in relation to its crew training business.
- SkyWorks arranged for the lease-in of seven 737-800 aircraft to be delivered to Aeromexico during the second quarter, subject to court approval.
- SkyWorks acted on behalf of a group of investors to restructure a private debt financing in conjunction with the restructuring of Norwegian Air International Limited.
- SkyWorks continued to advise a North American professional sports league with respect to transportation solutions involving the League and its Clubs.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related restructuring advisory services to Aeromexico as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks provides a full complement of leasing, investment banking and advisory services exclusively dedicated to commercial aviation. We specialize in aircraft lease origination and provide a full set of aircraft and lease management services for airlines and investors. SkyWorks is also a premier advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including financing arrangement, order campaigns, restructuring advisory, and network and fleet advisory. Our track record encompasses over 10% of the global commercial aircraft fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. +1 (203) 983-6677. www.skyworks.aero
Partner & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Partner & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (203) 983-6686
Partner & Head of Commercial
+1 (303) 663-6630